Harbs' Christmas Rant - December 2016
It was an inconsistent year where we couldn’t string together more than two wins in a row, with the gap between our best and worst football saw us needing a win in the final minor round match needing a win to play finals.
The Elimination Final belting from the Crows is still sitting in our guts. From weights training to running, skills to modified games, there is a competitive edge between every player to push themselves and their team-mates to a successful year in 2017. The importance of finishing in the Top 3 at the end of the minor round so we can have a shot at winning the flag cannot be questioned. That will be our aim.
We have added some quality individuals into the group:
• John Butcher: From Port Adelaide, ‘Butch’ is a great country bloke who hails from a family farm in the Gippsland region of Victoria. His competitiveness around the ground and fire-power up forward is exactly what we needed to aid key forward Connor McLean. Welcome to ‘Butch’ and his partner, Sophie.
• Josh Glenn: ‘Glenny’ returns to the club after stints at Gold Coast and Willaston. This kid is a serious talent and has really matured since 2014. If you want to see someone who has an elite kick, elite decision making and an elite sidestep in traffic come down and watch him! Having the likes of Glenn, Nick Holman, Chris Jansen, Travis and Jarrod Schiller, Brendan Dew, Justin Hoskin, Jordan Furnell and Trent Goodrem rolling through the midfield will be great.
• Jack Hannath: ‘Hanno’ returns after four years with Fremantle. To have such a quality individual back to team up with Darcy Fort in our ruck division is exciting. For the first time since I can remember we will have various tall options in attack. Welcome back to ‘Hanno’ and his partner, Olivia.
• Benny Nason: ‘Nas’ returns after a stint with Glenelg and Salisbury North. Another exceptionally skilled player who is determined to get his body in peak condition and play regular senior footy. Nas is a great bloke who I’ve known since we both came to the CDFC in 2009. Welcome back to ‘Nas’ and his partner, Kelly.
Bulk Gossip from the Kennel
• Matty Prior and wife Chelsea recently had a little girl, Maggie. Maggie is already a CDFC member and saw her first game at just four days old!
• James Gowans and wife Christie have welcomed a little boy, Oliver, into the world.
• Marketing Manager Kym Jarman and partner Skye have welcomed a little girl, Xanthe.
• Josh Waldhuter and Amy have recently wed and honeymooned in Malaysia.
• Kris Grant is still grumpy. Nothing changes.
• Dylan Weaver’s old man Mark is still backing a truckload of winners.
To all of our volunteers in the seniors and under age (trainers, officials, physios, ball boys, match day staff, doctors) and all others who drive the club forward off-field, your work is imperative and the constant heartbeat of our footy club. Keep up the great work!
Also, thanks to every single person behind the scenes at CDFC who assists, a big thanks to all our sponsors, fundraising officials, Ladies Auxillary (make sure you buy some food from the ladies on match day, the muffins are great!), past players, junior footy volunteers, All Stars Dance Team and Mascot, board members, match-day officials, employees at Grand Central/Football Club and within the Football Club.
Lastly, a big thanks to my team-mates for making every moment of footy enjoyable. We have a fantastic group and are involved in an amazing footy club. To all the families of players, wives, girlfriends (my girlfriend, Sarah especially) thanks for your support. We hope to make you very proud in 2017 and beyond.
To one of our most loyal and legendary officials, Lynton ‘Pross’ Prosser, get well soon, mate. All of the players and staff are thinking about you and are looking forward to having you back around the club soon.
Merry Christmas, Harbsy Claus #25
Brought to you by
latest club newsCome and see our newest recruit...
We don’t just put pictures on walls here at Centrals …. we also display cars! Read more on this